
It's Father's Day today - Happy Father's Day to all of the Daddy's out there! This is the first one we have (sort of) celebrated! Andy has always had "his girl".... Delaney, but we never really recognized these days as holidays. We knew we were expecting for Mother's Day this year, but it was still really early, so we didn't really "celebrate"... I'll have my first Mother's Day (with our little one here!!) next year! We're still somewhat "cautiously expecting" this pregnancy, and therefore, are still aware of what
could still happen with this little guy/gal that's with us right now, so we haven't really officially made a big "to-do" with Father's Day, but Delaney wanted to make her Daddy a card.... so she and baby (along with "Mom's" help) made Andy a card. I traced Delaney's paws with pink and blue marker (she didn't like it too much, but of course will go right along with whatever silly thing I force her to do), and then I had to improvise on what our baby's feet might look like right now and I drew those (they came out much larger than I anticipated.... hopefully our child doesn't have that large of feet right now!!), but it works! ;) Delaney and I gave the card to Andy this morning in bed, then we headed out to Starbucks for breakfast. Andy also got his first Father's Day gift in the mail the other day from his mom and dad (Grandma and Grandpa-to-be) - the gift was two bibs; one in blue and one in pink that each read: "I love my Daddy" on them. Very cute! They have been set aside in the baby's closet for now and we're looking forward to having a little one here to actually use them soon! We stopped by the outlet mall this afternoon and often got sidetracked looking at baby clothes. We haven't purchased anything yet ourselves for little baby Barnes, but we are both itching to start buying either cute little dresses or handsome little jackets for our little one - I am dying to know which one it'll be. I think if we did end up finding out the sex of the baby though, it would be SO dangerous for us. I, alone, would surely break us with all the fun stuff that I would not be able to resist buying! That day will come someday, regardless of when it happens, I'm sure!
1 comments on "Happy Father's (-to-be) Day!"
Happy Fathers Day Andy! I am so excited you are going to try to wait on finding out the sex....I am SO thankful we waited, the whole operating room was so excited too, our nurse kept yelling "It's a SURPRISE party" whenever someone new walked in! Maybe it was the 2nd epidural that I got, but it made me feel like it was this HUGE party! ok, maybe it was the drugs :) wait! there's not many surprises in this life.....this could be the biggest one!!!!!
Post a Comment