Saturday, June 20, 2009

12 weeks and counting....




Today I'm 12 weeks... or 3 MONTHS pregnant! Yay me! :) Only 28 more weeks to go. I can imagine once I (finally) hit the 20 week point that the time might just snow ball away, but I've heard differing opinions about that from veteran moms, so we'll see. Andy and I are just amazed at how BIG our little "bun" has all of a sudden become in the last 2 weeks. The baby has doubled in size within the last 3 weeks - so incredible! My growing baby belly is proof of that. I think if I wear shirts that are tight fitting enough (like in the picture above), you can definitely tell I'm pregnant.... though it is still just a little baby bump. The "book" says that the baby is about 2 1/2 inches long (and about the size of a large lime) right now and most all of the body structures are formed - they will just continue to grow/develop from this point on. I get so anxious every week to read about what is happening to our little one at that time. Right now the baby's reflexes are developing - things like the baby's fingers and toes will start to curl, eye muscles will clench, and the baby can make sucking movements with his/her mouth! So unreal to me! I am anxiously awaiting the day that I will feel this little guy/gal move. Sometimes at night or in the morning, I'll lay in bed very still on my back and try and determine if I feel anything..... sometimes I think I can - but it's either the baby .... or gas, and I gotta imagine it's, unfortunately, most likely gas at this point. They say that you really could feel the baby this early though if this wasn't your first pregnancy because you know what the initial little wiggle abouts feel like, so I keep trying really hard to see if I can determine a right jab from a involuntary grumble in my tummy, but it has proven to be hard to determine! Two more weeks and I will officially be in my second trimester. I cannot even begin to explain how great that sounds to me. I'm so thankful to have this little one with us right now and I'm so hopeful that he/she will only continue to keep growing and amazing us every week.

4 comments on "12 weeks and counting...."

Lindsey Prismantas on June 20, 2009 at 8:40 AM said...

I LOVE this picture!! You look so good, pregnant glow and all. And yes Nick, you def. have a baby bump! Its offical! I cant believe you are already 12 weeks that just blows my mind. Yay!

Nicole Barnes on June 20, 2009 at 12:24 PM said...

:) Thanks Lins.... I have to use these pictures as my "proof" to myself that I'm pregnant and this far along - looking in the mirror at myself doesn't always seem to have the same effect for some reason!

Hanna Eilert on June 24, 2009 at 2:44 PM said...

Love this pic! You definitely have a bump! I was thinking mine was just my fat gut, but I have noticed it is more of a "bump" than fat. Looking at your pics makes me think I am not crazy! You look beautiful!

Nicole Barnes on June 24, 2009 at 5:34 PM said...

Thanks Hanna! No, you're not crazy.... you're pregnant!! :)

Post a Comment