Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Dark Chocolate.... "Ick?"
I've found a new "love" - dark chocolate. I can't say I'd still choose it over regular chocolate, but I'm definitely liking it!! We had a bag of dark chocolate that was purchased by accident and neither of us have had any desire to open it..... because it's not "milk" chocolate... it's dark chocolate - and dark chocolate typically makes me say: "ick, gross!" - but, surprisingly, it tastes REALLY good to me right now! I gotta imagine that it's part of being pregnant and my hormones doing some very mean things to my taste buds! I can handle the new things that I now enjoy eating (like dark chocolate), but it's very frustrating to now have to figure out what foods I no longer like. There have been many nights where I prepare this great meal for dinner, only to sit down and barely be able to choke it down - the only thing that makes me want to eat it is knowing that our little one needs to eat good food! I just think it's so strange though how the fluctuation in hormones affects my taste buds and the foods I like! The foods that seem to be the most appealing to me are the more bland foods that I might have lived on growing up as a kid like: pb & j, pasta, pizza (usually), eggo waffles, french fries/mashed potatoes - anything potatoes, and I guess that's all I can think of for now........ I think I might go have some dark chocolate, now. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments on "Dark Chocolate.... "Ick?""
Too funny. I had a few cravings: a fresh cinnamin bun and captain crunch. Weird, huh? I also loved having fresh squeezed fruit drinks. :) So fun. I love this site...keep the updates coming!
Haha! I seriously made a mad rush out sometime last week and bought Captin Crunch because I wanted it so badly. I haven't had that cereal (or even thought of it) in at least 15 years - either I heard you mention it and it got me thinking of it, or that's just really weird!!
Post a Comment