
Today we're 20 weeks (or 4.5 months) pregnant, and that sure feels good! I love being half way in our pregnancy, along with loving being in the "twenties" (as far as weeks go), and right along with loving being able to wake up each morning to glance in the mirror and see my growing belly that is now home to baby. The baby's movements are becoming more and more frequent, and a little bit stronger. Last night we were sitting at the car dealers (we're buying a new car!) and I could feel the baby kicking its tiny "goldfish wiggle" kicks and we kept putting Andy's hands on the area of my stomach to see if he could feel anything. I know it's WAY too super early for him to feel something (maybe in a few weeks?), but I just thought, ya never know! Something kind of neat to me about getting to this point in the pregnancy is that, in regards to measuring the approximate length of the baby, the measurements are no longer taken from "crown to rump" and instead are now measuring from "head to heel." This is because prior to this point in pregnancy, the baby's legs are curled up so tight against his/her torso that they're hard to measure, but now the baby can be measured from head to toe. :) So from "head to heel," our little one is now about 10 inches long! (About the size of a banana. Another book compared the baby to the size of a cantaloupe!) And, the baby should weigh about 9-10.5 ounces now..... but we'll hopefully be fi

nding out a more exact count on these stats in just a couple of days at our ultrasound on Tuesday afternoon! Tonight we're heading out to dinner to "celebrate" our 20 week milestone and we're both looking forward to that. The next few days are sure to come with much anticipation, as well, as we embark upon this second half of pregnancy, and look forward to seeing our little one "live in 2D" on Tuesday - and to top that off, we're expecting the arrival of my mom and my Uncle Tom (along with Delaney's 2 best buds, Abby and Zoey) sometime around Tuesday. They'll be staying for a couple of weeks and we couldn't be more excited to have visitors!
Just a little something, in addition, that I wanted to add is a link to a website that shows the week by week growth of what actually takes place inside as the baby grows (and my organs become more squished!) - a friend passed this along (thanks Erin!!) and I have loved looking at the week to week progress as we hit each week's milestone. Just click on the link below to view it!
4 comments on "20 Weeks - We're half way there!"
Look at that belly! I LOVE IT!
Jane
:) Thanks Jane! I'm wearing one the dress from "Ms. Maternity's" collection - do you remember this one! Everytime I wear a piece of clothing you gave me, I think back to that afternoon where I was trying them all on at your house and was so amazed that some day I'd actually fit into these!! Guess my day has arrived.... :)
You look so cute!! Love that dress!
Anne
I agree, you are beautiful!! I LOVE how you are enjoying every moment of being pregnant! Keep savoring it!! (and thanks for sharing it with us!)
Post a Comment