We're at 18 weeks! (That's 4.1 months pregnant!) There really isn't much new to report on - the baby has been continuing to grow this week. Now he/she should be about 5 1/2 inches long, "crown to rump," (about the size of a bell pepper or sweet potato) and weighs about 5-7 oz. I've read that the "rapid growth rate" will now begin to slow down a little bit. The baby ha
s a very "human" appearance now, but is just still real small. Though small, he/she is trying really hard to make his/her existence known - I've read that the baby is now passing all that time in my belly yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing and soon those movements will be felt for sure. I have started feeling some very faint movements that I'm convinced is the baby, but I'm still waiting for that definite punch to celebrate for sure. That's about it that's new and exciting in the world of baby. We are looking forward to our next prenatal appointment coming up on Tuesday morning. I'm assuming our doctor will schedule our 20 week ultrasound at that point, too - which we are both SUPER excited for.
I had to include this photo of Delaney, because this week, she proved to us how she is catching on to our weekly ritual of picture taking. She followed us into the nursery room and as Andy was trying to get set to take the picture she walked right up in front of him and plopped her bottom down with a big grin for the camera. (I've trained her well, haven't I?) :)
2 comments on "18 weeks and counting...."
YEA!! You look so cute and I love how Delaney poses for the picture!! Precious! And your rug in your nursery is fabulous!! Love it!!
-Anne
Thanks Anne!
Post a Comment