Saturday, August 8, 2009

19 weeks and counting....



Today we're 19 weeks pregnant! One more week and we'll have made it half way through this journey! When I logged onto my blog page today I was giddy with excitement over the change in our little one being tracked on our "baby countdown ticker" because it looks like the baby has made so much progress all of a sudden - there's a little human in my belly!! :) I've started feeling the baby move here and there over the past week or two. It's still REALLY light and it isn't very consistent yet, but I am starting to be able to determine the baby vs. other things going on in there, and the baby's movements seem to be getting a tad bit stronger with each day that passes. The baby's "crown to rump" length is now about 6 inches (think 6 in Subway sub!) and he/she weighs about 7 ounces. The baby's weight will increase more than 15 times between now and delivery - wild! As that baby is growing, so is my belly! I think I look obviously pregnant now, and my stomach has become quite the nice resting spot for my hands. Along with my growing belly comes my growing pile of laundry. I've started to realize that I need to move a bit differently over the counter/sink while I'm preparing dinner and washing dishes because my shirts seem to be a magnet for things involved there. After I cook, I literally have to look down and see if I have left any traces on my clothes! :) Maybe it's time to invest in an apron, huh? Also, recently I think I've had a "2nd shadow" more than ever before. That "2nd shadow" being Delaney, of course. She seems to be following me around a bunch more - if I go into the other room for something, she's sure to come creeping in to see what I'm doing - it makes me happy. We can't wait to see her as a big sister - I think she's going to do an amazing job.

3 comments on "19 weeks and counting...."

Sue Barnes said...

Nicki: It's hard to believe that you are almost halfway there! You continue to look fabulous! Thanks for the update on baby's development at this stage of your pregnancy. It really lets us feel a part of things. 7 weeks until the shower-can't wait to see you!!!!
P.S. Love the playlist

millerhighlifemama on August 8, 2009 at 10:06 PM said...

Nicki you look amazing!!!! Yay for feeling your little one moving around...isn't that the most amazing feeling??? SWEET playlist...I esp love New Soul!! xoxo

Natalie W. on August 9, 2009 at 8:00 AM said...

Nicki, you look great!!! I have noticed Kirby following me everywhere, too :) I think they can sense something is going on!

Post a Comment