Yesterday we celebrated our very first wedding anniversary! I have to say, celebrating an anniversary is even more fun and special than I ever thought it would be. Just the fact that we both were celebrating this "holiday" for the first time and that it was a complete celebration of "us" and our relationship was really meaningful. All weekend long, we kept revisiting different moments from our wedding weekend last year and saying: "Right now, I would have been at my final dress fitting." Or, "right now, I was awake at 7 am because I couldn't sleep on the day of the wedding and at Wegmans buying a Fantasy Football magazine" (that was Andy's... obviously not mine.... I think at 7 am I was in total "I'm too excited to eat, drink, or blink" phase). We didn't have anything real fancy planned for the day, which was really fine by me (though, I will admit, a replay of our 2 week honeymoon in Hawaii would have been well accepted by each of us right now....). We kept our day simple, and between the wonders of exper
Monday, August 3, 2009
Our 1 Year Anniversary
Yesterday we celebrated our very first wedding anniversary! I have to say, celebrating an anniversary is even more fun and special than I ever thought it would be. Just the fact that we both were celebrating this "holiday" for the first time and that it was a complete celebration of "us" and our relationship was really meaningful. All weekend long, we kept revisiting different moments from our wedding weekend last year and saying: "Right now, I would have been at my final dress fitting." Or, "right now, I was awake at 7 am because I couldn't sleep on the day of the wedding and at Wegmans buying a Fantasy Football magazine" (that was Andy's... obviously not mine.... I think at 7 am I was in total "I'm too excited to eat, drink, or blink" phase). We didn't have anything real fancy planned for the day, which was really fine by me (though, I will admit, a replay of our 2 week honeymoon in Hawaii would have been well accepted by each of us right now....). We kept our day simple, and between the wonders of exper
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments on "Our 1 Year Anniversary"
cheers and happy anniversary to you!!! this was so heartwarming to read, I absolutely LOVE your blog Nicki!!!! So awesome that you have such a positive outlook on everything....the path is not always easy, but it always gets us to where we need to be! xoxo
Nicki: How beautiful your posting is-it made me cry!! You have both gotten quite a taste of the ups and downs of life during this past year. Now you realize what it means to have someone you love by your side to savor those "ups" and meet and deal with those "downs" head on.This is what strenghtens the bond betw/ husband and wife. Here's a toast to you both: May your love grow stronger with each passing year! MOM and DAD
Thanks to you both.... YOUR responses just made ME tear up. Let's give a hand for those pregnancy hormones! :) We are very blessed to have such great friends and family to our experience life with! Thanks!!
Post a Comment