Tuesday, August 4, 2009
18 week prenatal appointmet
Just got back from our prenatal appointment and all is fantastic! My OB said my weight gain is right on track, as well as the growth of my belly at this point. He confirmed that our quad screen tests, did in fact, come back as "normal." And, along with all of that great news, the baby's heart is still ticking away. Apparently, our little one was squirming all over the place because the nurse could only get a solid heartbeat for short segments at a time. Each time she prodded my stomach with the fetal monitor our little guy/gal kept dodging away from the scope. Whenever she did manage to keep the heartrate for a long enough amount of time, it was measuring at 152 bpm - nice and strong! I couldn't help but imagine that our child is going to have my independent, "I don't wanna," attitude that I had as a kid - my mind instantly hopped back to the old home videos we have of my mom trying to grab my arm to pull me in one given direction or another and me yanking my arm away from her reach as stubbornly as I possibly could to avoid doing anything that someone else wanted me to do. That is exactly what I can imagine our little one doing inside when that fetal monitor probe was poking all around. Hopefully he or she will cooperate for us during the "big" ultrasound appointment coming up and sit still so we can get a good peek of what's happening in there! The ultrasound is scheduled for 2 weeks from today on 8/18! We can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments on "18 week prenatal appointmet"
Post a Comment