We had our weekly prenatal appointment this morning and the doctor has ordered us to "check-in" to the hospital this evening! I'm shocked!! My blood pressure was a little high last week, and was also slightly high again this week, plus I had some weight gain and swelling, so the doctor is concerned that preeclampsia might be setting in. The doctor feels that because I'm so close to my due date, it's better to get the baby out now than to let things progress further. I had
some progress on my own as of today, being just the slightest bit dilated, but it's not enough to just induce labor right now. So, the doctor has ordered us to come to the hospital this evening at 6pm where I will be spending the night. Tonight they will administer a medicine to help soften my cervix. Hopefully that will get things progressing even more, and then they will induce tomorrow! If things don't start progressing on their own from the medicine, there's a chance I could be in for getting a c-section, but we're taking things one step at a time right now.
I cannot believe that I'm about to have this baby!! We are so ready to finally meet him or her, but the fact that it's suddenly all happening now is just so surreal to me! We will have our laptop and cell phones at the hospital with us and will be keeping in touch with everyone from there as we get more information.
Stay tuned here to the blog for more info and our little one's first pictures!! I cannot believe that it's actually my turn to say that! So amazing, yet also so bizarre! Thank you all for your continued support as we made our way through this pregnancy. I am so excited to "introduce" our little one to you all here on our blog via the internet! :)
4 comments on "We're heading to the hospital!"
YEA!!! How exciting!! Yall will be in our thoughts and prayers!! Cant wait to hear about your little one!
Nicki and Andy, you must be getting so anxious to hold your little precious bundle of joy! We are keeping you all in our prayers for a quick delivery and healthy baby. I am so excited for you and can't wait for some updates!
Best of luck! Can't wait to hear the good news!
Liz (eeschein)
nicole & andy
we heard about the great news!!!!! we are so happy for both of you!!! We wish that we could have been there with you!! What a great new year this will be for the new and improved BARNES FAMILY!!! GOD BLESS!!!!
Love Always,
jeff and terry
jkalpin@rochester.rr.com
tasfagan@rochester.rr.com
love
Post a Comment