
Today, we're 39 weeks pregnant! At this point in pregnancy, I'm about as big as I can get and therefore, the same goes for baby. He/she probably weighs a little over 7 pounds now and his/her total length should be about 21 1/2 inches long.... about the size of a small watermelon! :)
Yesterday we celebrated Christmas here in Texas with my mom and brother. It was rather low key, but still really nice. The baby received some really cute gifts from our families, in fact I think the majority of the presents under our tree were for baby - spoiled already!!
Here are some of the more unique gifts that baby got that I wanted to share:
Gran & Grandpa sent baby this Teddy Bear who's name is: "Barnsie" - perfect because that's a nickname of Andy's! And, this sweet little Siena onesie for our future Siena fan!
Grandma got baby this "Elf on the Shelf" book - if you've never heard of it, you have to check it out. The elf comes out for the month of December and "moves" around the house each night for our little one to find. The elf keeps an eye on the kids and reports back to Santa who has been naughty or nice!
This, I just LOVE... it's the coziest little snow bundle-upper suit I've ever seen - We probably won't need it all that often here in Texas, but it'll definitely come in handy for our trips home. Thanks Grandma!
Uncle Christian brought the baby this "Quatchi" doll from Vancouver when he was there - it's the mascot for the 2010 Olympics, and should be fitting for our winter 2010 (we think!) baby to be!
And, baby wasn't the only one who got spoiled - "Daddy" spoiled "Mommy" with an amazing gift, too! In addition to the new computer, DSLR camera, and every other large purchase we've been making this year in furnishing our house/nursery, which was supposed to be where
we drew the line in not exchanging any more gifts, Andy surprised me with yet another gift! He got (or actually ... is getting) me this beautiful and personalized necklace that I spotted at a jeweler last year. It's a type of charm necklace where you add to it as you like, but the first charm will be one with our baby's name and birthdate on it! How sweet is my husband to remember me spotting that necklace a whole year ago, and to decide it was something he wanted to get me eventhough we're surrounded by so many other gifts right now, too! Here is a picture of the cliping from the jeweler magazine that he gave me showing the necklace... I can't wait to get it!
So, now with Christmas behind us, we have successfully made it with no Christmas baby.... New Years baby...?
Here are some Christmas photos!
Our tree on Christmas Eve
Our attempt at a family portrait on Christmas Day
Mommy (and baby!) with Uncle Chris

Mommy (and baby!) with Grandma

And, here's Delaney helping me open a present..... she looooooves opening presents, or actually I think she just loves eating paper!
I could not be more thankful to be in this spot right now. I'm loving each remaining day of being pregnant (though, I will admit that I could do without carrying around this extra weight and the unpredictable raging hormones), and at the same time am so anxious and ready to meet this baby! We have one week left until our due date (7 days! - just 7!!), and I'm finding myself now waking up each day and wondering: "will today be the day?" As of our last doctor's appointment there was absolutely no progress, and therefore a very slim chance that the baby would be joining us any time soon, but I'm convinced that SOMETHING has happened in there this past week - I've felt a lot of different and new sensations in my stomach, and I have suddenly become absolutely exhausted, yet still seem to battle sleep each night. I've heard from so many people that "no progress" at an appointment doesn't really mean a whole lot because anything can happen at any time right now. So, I'm keeping myself ready and prepared for this baby whenever he/she decides it's "go" time. The only thing I'm somewhat fretting about now is whether I'm going to know when "go time" really is....... they say: "you'll know" - I just hope "they" are right!
Let's talk about gender.....

Through these last 273 days, Andy and I have wavered back and forth over whether we have a son or daughter that's been cookin' in our oven. I'd say overall though, I've been thinking "boy" the majority of the time and Andy has been thinking "girl." And, though the poll on our blog here right now reads: 35 votes for "boy," and only 13 votes for "girl".... I'd say the general consensus has been about even from the people we ask.
Throughout the pregnancy I've had fun taking the various old wives tale gender prediction quizzes on the internet, and I've enjoyed hearing people's reasons for why they're convinced we'll be having one gender vs. the other, but overall, I've learned not to read too far into ANY single one of them! I thought I was a good judge for determining what gender people were carrying, but I have been proven dead wrong on SO many occasions with friends' pregnancies lately, that I just give up. One person's guess is as good as anyone elses, in my opinion right now! In the last month though, I've done a 180 and have completely changed my thought from "boy" to "girl." So, at this point, for the record, I'm expecting a girl....but would not be the least bit surprised if this little baby ended up being a boy! Two more weeks (max!) and we'll know for sure - I cannot wait to start calling our little one by name and not just "baby" any longer!



Delaney very patiently waiting to open up all of those fun presents!



2 comments on "39 weeks and counting...."
What a fun post Nicki! Your pics are so pretty, and I really hope you dont have to wait 2 more weeks! So here is my gender mumbo jumbo if you will... I say STAY with your first gut feeling. Stay with boy! The ONLY reason I say this (bc you said anyones guess is as good as another) is because my gut feeling for myself was boy, then I changed it last minute, and was of course wrong! So with that said, my vote is BOY! ;)
Your post made me cry! I love the pictures-who knows, they may be the last of the two of you holding a BUMP instead of a baby!! The video of delaney brought back so many good memories of my puppy growing up-thank you! :) I can't wait to internet-meet this baby!!!
Post a Comment