I guess this baby and I are at least on the same page with wanting him/her to stay in there 'a cookin' as long as possible! I really do not anticipate him/her joining us any time soon, and as anxious as I am to have him/her here already, I'm still in no rush to make it happen. A friend told me that babies *choose* their birthdays - so, I'm guessing this little one has been hearing me all along when I keep saying: 'For his/her sake, I hope he/she is born as far away from Christmas as possible!' :) And, I can be thankful that if he/she is hearing me, it's good to know he/she is a good listener! ;)
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Update - Somewhat eventful, but still non-productive....
This morning we had our weekly prenatal visit to check on any progress. All started off fine and typical. The nurse usually finds the baby's heartbeat on my right side of the stomach, but today it wasn't there, and instead was found on the left side of my stomach. Regardless, it was there and measured 149 bpm. My blood pressure is still normal - so no worries there! Then the doctor came in to do my exam and after checking me internally, he prodded my stomach around feeling the baby and then said: "I'm gonna send you in for a quick scan because something seems a little odd in there....." - those are not exactly the words you want to hear when you're just about 38 weeks pregnant! He said over the last couple of weeks he could feel the baby's head down below, and now he didn't feel him/her at all. The doctor was concerned the baby may have become breech somehow, and I guess just flat out couldn't feel the head anywhere, so he wanted to know exactly how this little one was positioned in there. He assured me not to worry and to first see what exactly the scan revealed. So, off I went to the next room for an impromptu little peek at our son/daughter in there. The ultrasound was very quick, and the technician was all work and no play - she wouldn't even tell me how big the baby was measuring right now! Darn! At first I was peering at the screen trying to get a glimpse of him/her in there, and then realized that I still don't know the baby's gender, and maybe it wasn't a good idea to be setting myself up for a reveal right then. The tech said I wouldn't be able to see that right now anyway though, because of how far along/big the baby is - so I just let her continue to go about her business without bothering her anymore. Thankfully, baby's head is, in fact, down and his/her tush is up just under my ribs - so that's good. But, the technician said that the baby is just still way high up there and has not dropped at all yet. It appears that this baby plans to stay in there until we make him/her come out!! So, that was it, the end of the ultrasound exam - all is checking out absolutely "normal" - and now we wait 'til our next appointment on Tuesday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments on "Update - Somewhat eventful, but still non-productive...."
I love the title of this post!!!! :) Your lil one may still surprise you...our lil booger was way high just days before the New Year, and pretty much stopped moving altogether! I went for two stress tests at the hospital to make sure he was ok! Mommy is a good lil baker...you will get it JUST right, I promise!
Such a great attitude!!!!!! I'm sure your positive vibes are helping all that cozyness....and that's going to make for one healthy baby when his/her birthday does arrive!
Post a Comment