Saturday, December 12, 2009

37 weeks and counting....


We're 37 weeks pregnant and have officially made it to "full-term!" Thinking back about 10 months ago, I questioned whether we'd EVER be "here" and now here we are and loving every minute of it!! Though we're full term, we're still hoping for this bun to keep cooking a while longer. It's a relief to know that should we deliver now, all systems should be a "go." But, I would feel much more confident in a healthy, thriving baby if he/she could last another few weeks in there! Baby should weigh in at about 6.5 pounds now and is measuring anywhere from 19-21 inches in length. This morning I woke up (after being kicked in the ribs about 30 times, and nudged "low below" infinite times from little baby hiccups) and looked in the mirror to see my stomach profile in a rather oddly shaped ball. It almost had a square look to it from where (what I assume) the baby's tush was bulging out and I kept staring at the upper left side of my stomach because I could feel the baby's feet there so clearly - I thought for sure I'd be able to see an outline of a foot pop out of my stomach, but no such luck. Then slowly I could see the baby re-position him/herself putting my stomach back to a smooth sphere shape. The wait is starting to make me more and more anxious to know who exactly is IN there making all of these amazing movements!!

For being this far along, I think I'm still able to get around really well, and am not all THAT uncomfortable. I can still bend over and tie my shoes (not fun, but I can still do it!), I've continued to take Delaney on walks every day, if not twice - with no problems, cooking/cleaning (though still chore-like) are able to be accomplished, so I'd say I feel pretty good. Sleeping, however, is a different story. I never knew how difficult it would be to roll over from one side to the other during the night in bed when you're this pregnant. I often feel like "Violet" from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" when she swells into full blueberry mode - it sure would be nice to have some oompa-loompa's around to help roll me over!! I never know what kind of sleep lies ahead of me lately - some nights I sleep great! Other nights, not so much - I just lay there wide awake. I'm sure it all has to do with my discomfort mixed with my neverending thoughts about baby, and my giddiness when I start to feel him/her move around in there.
Lately, we've been finding ourselves forever caught up in wonder. Most of our nights, just before sleep, end with us discussing our thoughts of: when exactly will this baby be born, what will he/she look like, will we HAVE a "he or a she?", what will our labor be like, how will our life be after....? We've spent the last 37 weeks of life wondering these things, but as baby's arrival becomes closer and closer, we're just overflowing in these thoughts. Seems kind of fitting actually, considering the time of year we're in with the holidays and all. This season is always filled with wonder... especially when you're a kid - so it's been nice to rekindle those emotions so strongly again as we wait for baby's arrival.

This week we finished up little things here and there on our list of things to do before baby and we're 100% good to go now! The only thing we're waiting on now is our glider chair for the nursery and that's scheduled to arrive this week! (Check back for nursery pictures next weekend!)
I've found myself wandering back into the nursery more and more lately and I just look around making sure there's nothing else that needs to be done. And, while I'm in there, I so often will pull out the drawers and admire the teeny tiny clothes that await for their owner in there.
I never imagined how one tiny little baby t-shirt could make my heart melt so instantly! Those little newborn sized t-shirts/onesies and the newborn socks are the ones that get me every time - they're just so small! And, I can't wait to see just who exactly is going to be wearing those things SOON!

Three weeks left until our due date, and I'm running out of things to keep me busy now! So, here's my new list of things to do with life that doesn't yet include "baby"...

1) Give Delaney 150% of my attention
2) Focus on Christmas coming our way and visits from my mom and brother
3) Bake bread and freeze for good snacks after baby arrives! (Thanks, Erin!) :)
4) Take computer time... on MY time!
5) Organize my recipe book (a task that I've been meaning to do for the last 3 years)
6) Complete our new address book
7) Watch as many old episodes of LOST possible, to gear up for the final season this Spring (and continue introducing Andy to it!)
8) Sleep in as long as I can, each morning that I can
9) Bake cookies (I'll probably wait to do this with Mom!)
10) Sit and listen to silence

That should keep me busy during the weeks ahead - I think they're going to go by fast!

****
And, this has nothing to do with "baby" (at least not the one in my belly), but instead has everything to do with our first "baby" - Delaney.

Santa Paws sent her mail yesterday!! It was an edible Christmas card.... we took a video of her accepting/eating it, but it was taking hours to upload.... not sure why! In any event though, here's a picture - I'll try the video again later...
And, incase Santa is reading this right now, I agreed to include this in here, on behalf of Delaney...
She says:
"Dear Santa, my frisbee and 'chuck-it' toys are broken - can I please have a new one for Christmas? I've been a very good girl!"
"Plllleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaase!"

3 comments on "37 weeks and counting...."

Lindsey Prismantas on December 12, 2009 at 5:27 PM said...

How in Gods green earth do you get Delaney to pose SO good?? The santa things were so cute!! I would have to black male the crap out of mine to get them to even attempt it!! Anyways, you look great and I, too cant wait to fially know what your "baking"!!!

millerhighlifemama on December 14, 2009 at 10:21 AM said...

You look amazing Nic! Your world is about to change sooooooooooooo soon!!!! I am so thrilled for you and Andy, and Delaney too of course (though she has no idea how much her lil world is about to be rocked as well!) I love your list of things to do....that's a great idea to get that stuff done now! In addition to snacks and bread, I HIGHLY rec making some meals for the freezer! This was the best gift that I received from friends after Kaden was born, and the best advice I got! We had so many loved ones visiting that helped with everyone being fed, but when they all leave, it is an absolute SHOCK and it is near impossible to feed yourselves! I will send you some freezer recipes that saved us in case you are interested! SOOOOOO happy your mama is coming!!!!! Hope the holidays go super fast for you!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pics and post!!!!!!!! You look fantastic---can't wait to meet this baby (electronically, of course!)!

Post a Comment