My newest obsession has been trying to figure out if our little Delaney has any clue that there's something different going on around here. I've read a ton of things on the internet and in books of people declaring that their pets were sometimes the first ones to recognize and "tell" them that they're expecting a little one due to their pets' very acute instincts. I really haven't noticed much of a change in Delaney since we've known we were pregnant, but I do think she's been following me around a little bit more lately. I also notice that sometimes when I sit down and give her a good belly rub, she'll stop suddenly and start sniffing me out (as though being pregnant has a certain smell) and then kind of give me a look followed by her hopping up and walking away from me. Such personality! :) One of the things I'm wondering now is if she is figuring out that there is more than just the normal one heartbeat inside me right now. I lately will kind of shove her head in my stomach area and ask her if she hears the baby's heartbeat..... I'm pretty sure she has absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, but my guess is she's just used to her mom talking to her about all kinds of crazy things!
Whether she has an idea that something is going on or not, I sure hope she's starting to realize that we're planning for someone to come move into the "guest room" because I realized the other day that thanks to her VERY dramatic nature, I can totally see her being crushed and bent out of shape when our little one arrives regardless of how much attention I know I'll still give her. Even already, at random times I'll start talking to the baby in my belly and Delaney will come running from the other room. I realized that if she and I are the only ones home, she knows that when I talk it's either to her or someone that has come to visit. So you can imagine her perplexed look on her face when she comes running out to see who I'm speaking to only to find me and my tad bit of a bloated belly. :)




0 comments on "Can you hear my heartbeat?"
Post a Comment