14 Weeks today! The biggest news about this week is that I am now officially in my 2nd trimester! The first thing I read today when I woke up was that at this point in pregnancy, our risk of miscarriage dramatically goes "way, way down" - what a relief to see that first thing in the morning! Our next doctor's appointment is on Tuesday morning, and assuming that we can hear our little baby's heartbeat again at the appointment, coupled with knowing that our risks have now plummeted, I will be completely relieved. These 1 month long waits in between the appointments are somewhat rough! I always start out good, trying not to think about the time that needs to pass, etc., but by this point in the waiting process, I'm just dying to get to our appointment and hear the newest news! I'm really hopeful that I'll be back on here with a post on Tuesday afternoon titled: "Phew, we made it!" :) Just being able to say: "I am in my 2nd trimester" feels sooo so good though. So, for these next couple of days leading to our appointment, I'll enjoy just being able to say that. My stomach is continuing to grow! This week I started wearing maternity clothes - it feels so good to have some extra room wearing those, as opposed to trying to squeeze into my normal clothes. I failed to weigh myself yet this morning so I'm not sure how much weight I gained this week, but hopefully it's not much!
What's new in the life of baby Barnes:
The baby is now about 3.5 to 4 inches long, and about the size of a lemon (or my fist), weighing about 1 to 1.5 ounces! By this week the baby's ears have moved from the neck (where they were originally) to the sides of the head. The baby's eyes have also been in the process of moving to the front of the fa
ce (from the sides of the head).
So, he/she is starting to look more human. The baby's neck is growing longer, and so are his/her arms and body. Along with looking more human, our baby is now acting more human, too. He/she has developed the capability to now squint, frown, grimace, pee(!), and possibly even suck his/her thumb!! I soo wish we could peek inside and see all of this going on. In about 6 more weeks we'll have our "big" ul
tra sound and I can't wait to experience that. For now though, we'll focus on baby steps
to our next appointment on Tuesday and getting to hear good news!




4 comments on "14 weeks and counting...."
Oh my goodness, you are too cute--you totally popped I think. And, to me, it looks like you are carrying low-what do the myths say about that? :) You look beautiful. SO SO SO excited for you.
Thanks Erin!! "They" say if you're carrying low, it's a boy...... at this point, I give up on trying to guess - I am constantly wavering back and forth over boy? or girl? Only 26 more weeks until we know for sure! ;) Andy thinks we're having a girl, and I think my mom does, too..... we'll just have to wait and see!
Grampa is predicting boy!
you look absolutely adorable!!! there's a littl human in your BELLY!!!! How fabulous is THAT? I am feeling a lil boy in there....kaden told me. :)
Post a Comment