Today we are 25 weeks pregnant! 15 more weeks to go! Baby measures about 13 1/2 inches long now and weighs about a pound and a half...... though in my opinion, I'd think this baby already weighs at least 8 lbs!! This week I've started to feel rather large, and yet I think the "real" weight gain has only just begun. Pile it on though, because I will do whatever it takes for this baby! Something that is interesting and exciting about hitting the 25 week mark is that from what I've been reading, it sounds like if the baby were to be delivered now, he/she would have a chance of surviving. This, of course would come with much medical assistance - so I will gladly continue to patiently wait these next 15 weeks out so that our baby can keep growing to term and healthy.
Also, the baby is growing more hair now and if we could see our little one, we'd actually be able to tell the color and texture of it already. Though, I will be surprised if our baby is born with any hair at all (or at least the kind that actually sticks around) - I think I was virtually bald until I was about a year old, and I don't think Andy had much to speak of either.
We both continue to enjoy witnessing the baby move all about in my stomach. For the majority of this week, I think he/she was positioned in a way that all of the punches and kicks were being given to my inside organs vs. the front of my stomach....... I'll say that that type of movement was not as pleasant to experience as the type where I can see the pokes in front of me on my tummy. That lasted for about 3-4 days and then the baby must have finally turned around and that is when I was successful in capturing him/her on video again. The video is a little long (2 minutes) - at about 1 minute through is where the baby really starts dancing. I kept wanting to stop recording, but then I'd feel and see another little punch - I can't get enough of watching that happen! Whenever I feel the baby's movements, I quickly pull up my shirt (assuming I'm in the confides of our own home) in hopes of SEEING the movement, too. Again..... baby seems to be most active when I first wake up in the morning, so you know how it goes - please ignore my groggy/half asleep voice!
Today, in addition, to marking 25 weeks of pregnancy, it also marks my last day in my twenties. I have to say that I'm even more thankful right now for this little one in my belly because I truly think it's helping to distract me from the "oh so scary" big 3-0 that will be my fate as of tomorrow (thank you, "little one" - see you're already making my life better!). :) My mind is just constantly thinking about "all things baby" that the thought of my birthday really has been slim to none for me this year - or maybe that's my subconscious purposely pushing it to the back of my mind to keep me "peaceful" during pregnancy! :) I can only hope that my 30's blesses me with as much good fortune as my 20's have - and considering that this baby of ours will make his/her appearance in my 30th year of life, we've already been given a #1 item to top that list! To celebrate my birthday, my sweet husband surprised me with a night out to dinner last night. It was so great to get out and definitely much needed. We tried this little Argentinian Steakhouse restaurant in McAllen and it was delicious! I'll admit here that this was one time since I've been pregnant that I was REALLY wanting a nice glass of red wine to go along with the cozy, romantic, and quaint atmosphere - and the good food, of course! But, I held strong - definitely didn't want the wine bad enough to let the baby "have some," too - no worries! :) Here are a couple of pictures:
Andy and I at dinner.
- Fried ice cream for the lady and flourless chocolate cake for the gentleman. (I was taking the picture, so whose fork do you think that is across the table waiting for that camera flash to go off so he could dive in?) :)
And, here are just a few more pictures that I happened to take earlier in the week:
Last week I donned my Yankees shirt, this week it was my Giants Superbowl shirt to help kick off this year's season last week.
Now, on to the next 15 weeks ahead!




5 comments on "25 weeks and counting...."
Awesome post this week! So many fun things going on right now. I love the fact that your preggo during your 30th bday. What a great partner to have with you during this time. Thanks for taking that fried icecream pic, now I craving it. Thanks! I always look forward to reading your blog!
yay!!!!!!! You look soooooo adorable and I am LOVING Baby Barnes new lil room!!!! I absolutely LOVED watching that video!!!! how cool! We didn't have our camcorder till just before kaden was born, and I am so kicking myself that I didn't get to have something like this on record for him! So many wonderful things happening right now...and I can't think of a MORE amazing way to kick off your 30s than with this lil party animal in your tummy!
I know the big 3-0 can seem so scary, I was terrified of my own, but remember it is just a number, and a new chapter and there are so many wonderful things in store for you!!! I have to say, the 30s have been my favorite BY FAR!!!!! love you! xoxo happy early b-day!!!!
You look so beautiful :o) I love the video of the kicks and punches! I wish I had taken video like that!
such a great post! I love the video and the dinner date--so great! you're lookin' good mama!
Happy birthday Nicole! You may have guessed since I live in Boston, but *gasp*, Red Sox / Patriots fan. Hope we can get past that... :)
- Liz (eeschein)
Post a Comment