As of yesterday, we're 23 weeks pregnant! 17 more weeks to go! We spent the weekend in Austin with our friends and had a great time. One of the things we did while we were there was catch the home opener for the University of Texas Longhorns football game. I've never quite seen a college football game supported so much as I did here - more team spirit than I've ever seen at an NFL game, for sure!
Here is a "23 week" picture of me at the game
The baby loved (or really hated...) being at the game - As soon as the marching band started playing, accompanied by the cheering/singing crowd, and booming cannon on the field, our little one was having a "party" of his/her own inside my belly! Attending last night's game and receiving the reaction from baby that we did, proved that we have one very energetic sports fan on our hands, regardless if this baby is a boy or girl (we better get this kid some Yankees, Giants, and Siena apparel, fast!). The baby must have still been excited after the game had ended and we were back at our friend, Dave's, apartment getting ready for bed because his/her movements started right back up again. I started feeling the baby kick quite strongly, so I laid there in bed for a little while staring at my belly and suddenly, before my eyes, I saw the first evidence of my stomach actually MOVE as he/she kicked! It was so incredible and I'm bummed that I didn't have my video camera glued to my hand at that very moment to catch it on film (don't worry, I plan to accomplish that feat at some point to share... :) )! And, to go along with the excitement of SEEING the baby move through my stomach for the first time, we also were excited to succeed at another milestone. Right when I saw the action in my stomach, I quickly called Andy over and he put his hand on my stomach and for the first "real" time, he was able to certainly feel the baby without a doubt!! I think the word's out of Andy's mouth were... "OH MY- ! (in disbelief) That is nuts!!" :) He said that it really felt like the baby's heel was pushing up to my belly and I'm sure that's what it was, too! I just loved experiencing that for the first time together - it was the first of many different "Oh my gosh - he/she did this/or that!" that we'll get to see together, I'm sure, and I'm loving it! Now, I can't wait for Andy to get to SEE the baby move through my stomach, like I saw last night - so that's our next goal! In experiencing all of that, it's definitely apparent that baby is making his/her presence known and I still can't help but melt every time I feel he/she is moving around in there - it's just such a nice little confidence booster for me in between doctor's appointments (where we get to hear the heartbeat) for our little one to kind of say: "yep, don't worry Mom, I'm still in here and all is OK!" For "growth stats" at this point, baby is just under 1 foot long and weighs about a pound! The size comparisons I've read about for this week are that baby is about the size and weight of a Harry Potter book, and another source said the baby is literally like the size of a small doll.
Some other things from this week....
Earlier in the week, my mom and Uncle Tom headed out driving back home again with Abby and Zoey. It was great to have them here, and hard to see them go - especially considering that I became quite used to always having some company around here with me day in and out, and suddenly I was back to the typical, just me and Delaney routine while Andy is at work. Here are some pictures we took outside on our front step just before they headed out for the long 33+ hr drive...
Mom with me and the dogs
Uncle Tom with me and the dogs
This is one of Abby earlier in the week that makes me laugh...
She was scared of our washing machine and was determined to "catch" what was spinning around inside of it!
Some other exciting happenings this week was Delaney got to meet her new next door neighbor, Cooper, an adorable (and TEENY!) Shitzu/Yorkie mix. She wasn't too interested in him yet (infact we had to shove him in her face just to get her to realize there was actually a small pup infront of her!) - but I think once he grows a little, they're gonna be best buds! Cooper, on the contrary of Delaney, was very brave (for facing this "HUGE" dog) and just couldn't get enough of her! No matter how many times she accidentally swatted him with her paw or tail, he just kept coming back for more with even stronger curiosity!
Delaney meets Cooper!
Cooper tried to take Delaney for a walk :)
Andy and I
Miss Delaney in the car on the ride home!




3 comments on "23 weeks and counting...."
This is when you'll start feeling what you're going to miss when you aren't pregnant...if that makes sense!
I love Austin, I lived there for 7 years! I'm so jealous that you got to go! I haven't been in almost a year!!!!
Such fun pictures, Nicki! I love the dog introductions, hook-em horns pics, and the one of Abby catching the washing machine. priceless!
Lookin' good girl! One slight problem... you are totally cheering for the WRONG team!
Post a Comment