Tuesday, September 22, 2009

25 Week Appointment & Good Things Ahead!


This morning we had our most recent prenatal appointment at 25 weeks (3 days.... but, who's counting!?) - to sum it up, all went perfectly! For the detailed version... keep reading -

Our appointment was at 8:45 AM - we usually schedule our appointments for the first thing in the morning so as to provide the most convenient time for Andy to attend and still be able to make it in for a day of work afterwards. As always, we woke up anxious to get to the appointment and left an extra 15 minutes earlier than necessary. However, once we arrived at the doctor's office, we were thrown a "kink" in our plan for a timely and perfect appointment when we learned that our doctor was at the hospital delivering not one, but TWO babies, just then - I was a little confused for the slightest of moments because I had thought "I" was my doctor's one and only patient!!! What on Earth could he be doing delivery someone else's baby!? (kidding! ... sorta) - when I came back to reality, I was informed that patients at the office were either rescheduling for a later time in the day or a different day all together. Alternatively, we could stay and wait it out - which seemed like the only option considering Andy was already running late for work, and I am heading out tomorrow for my two week trip back home to NY. So, that's what we did, we decided to wait it out. They called us back, my weight was GREAT this time - I gained a little more than I would have liked to at my last appointment at 20 weeks, and this time, I only gained 1/2 pound in 5 weeks time! (It definitely does not seem possible, but I'll take it!) The nurse technician came in and let us listen to/measure the baby's heart rate with the fetal heart doppler - it was perfect as ever! Heartbeat was strong and very clear sounding and it was measuring at 154 bpm, which was higher than the last time we were there (I think it measured 136 bpm before). Then they just told us to wait. So we waited. And, we waited. And, then we waited some more. After about an hour and half of waiting there, Andy decided to leave and head to work, which was completely fine with me considering there really wasn't much left to be done at our appointment other than meet with the doctor to measure my stomach and answer any questions. So, he left and then I was there alone in the office room. And, after reading a couple of magazines, I eventually overheard the nurses conversing outside the room how there was now another patient in labor at the hospital and that they were going to need to reschedule ALL appointments for tomorrow - yikes! I had already gone the extended FIVE weeks since last visit vs. the typical four, and with my trip scheduled to NY tomorrow, I was getting a bit nervous about what they would do for me. The nurse soon came in and I explained my situation, and luckily the doctor came back to the office specifically to come see me and complete my appointment for me - what service!! I felt a little badly, but mostly special that they made this exception for me!! :) So, I was relieved that I would, in fact, get to meet with the doctor today afterall, and about another 1/2 hour later, he arrived. The appointment went quickly from that point on and I was out of there before I knew it, with a big smile on my face from a successful "mission."

I couldn't be happier to know that all is fine with baby, and also to think that I'll be heading HOME tomorrow for a visit! Two great things in that sentence there! :) Now, on to packing, but first - I am going to congratulate myself in making these DELICIOUS looking cupcakes with a recipe that I snagged from one of the magazines I was reading at the doctor's office while I was waiting. I'm considering it as my "Yay, Nicki, good job with the weight this time around, go head and indulge in a cupcake..... or two!" treat. :)

**(I just HAD to come back on here and edit this post to include a picture of my cupcakes.... now, tell me these are not some of the most DELICIOUS looking cupcakes you've ever seen!! To any of you girls reading this out there who happen to be pregnant as well, my apologies to you - as I'm sure you'll now be craving one of these from seeing a pic! :) They were yummy!!)**


2 comments on "25 Week Appointment & Good Things Ahead!"

millerhighlifemama on September 22, 2009 at 11:00 PM said...

the cupcakes look super yummy! LOVE the pretty colors...I always do my cupcakes in super bright neon colors, but these pastels are sooo fun! I am LOVING the plate that you have them displayed on...so cute!!! So excited for your trip and all the good news!!!

Anonymous said...

Can you pass along the recipe AND how you got the frosting looking so pretty?!!! YUM! I'm glad it was a great appointment and that you're in NY! Enjoy!

Post a Comment