We're 29 weeks pregnant! The baby now weighs about 2 3/4 lbs and measures about 16 3/4 inches long. This week the baby may have gone through another growth spurt because his/her kicks/movements weren't quite as strong as they were at times last week - and every time this happens (which seems to go in bi-weekly cycles) I tell myself that baby is just sleeping and growing... that, or running out of room in there and trying to figure out how to keep kicking "Mom" in that tight of space! In the last day or so I've felt him/her more strongly again though - and so the story goes. Watching my stomach pop and wave has become even more entertaining these days, and soon, I'll try catching it on video again. I'll even witness my stomach moving in a strong jerking motion out of the corner of my eye sometimes when I'm not even looking at it. It's all a very good time waster to me - I really could sit there all day long and spy on the evidence of "baby" moving and stretching about!
Since the start of the pregnancy, I've sworn that my stomach seems to be the slightest bit "lopsided" where it bumps out a little bit more on my left side than it does on the right. I think it's difficult for anyone else to see it in person because I can only tell based on looking straight down from my point of view. But, lately I've been noticing this odd shape even more and when I feel my stomach it even feels more solid on that side - so my guess is that the majority of the baby's body is lying across that point of my stomach. Anyway, I took a picture of it trying to see it from my view, and thought I'd share it here - can you see what I'm talking about!?
Some exciting baby related news this week...
Our changing table arrived for the nursery!!!!!!! Thanks Mom/"Grandma!!!" Baby is gonna love it! The nursery is all looking beautiful and I REALLY cannot wait to see our little one sleeping/playing/growing away in there. Once the changing table was in place, I instantly started settling things into the drawers and compartments. I'm sure I'll reorganize it about 40 more time before now and when baby arrives, but it's just so fun to go in there and see the little socks and t-shirts and blankies all neatly stored away and waiting for its owner to start wearing and using them! AND - in addition to the changing table, we have now officially ordered all remaining furniture needed for the nursery!!! It's going to take a couple of weeks to process and ship, so in that time I will wait very patiently - but I am just so very eager for it to get here! It seems to me like this is becoming the nursery of my dreams and I really cannot believe sometimes that it's reality! I will post photos once the room is all set up - right now there is still a bed in there, which takes up a lot of the space, and it's therefore a tad cramped!
Other exciting news this week - Andy's family is in town! "Gran" and "Grandpa" arrived in Thursday night. And, yesterday Andy and his father flew up to Dallas where they met up with "Uncle Chip" so that the three of them could partake in their annual college football weekend trip together - this year they went to the Cotton Bowl, University of Texas/Oklahoma University game. Meanwhile, "Gran" has been here keeping me (and baby) (...and Delaney...) company. "The boys" will be back by late tonight/early tomorrow morning and we'll have a few more days together before everyone heads back home - fun weekend!
And, here's a little piece of Delaney for you all. :) We had her (or actually MY) NY Yankees "Jeter" t-shirt on her earlier this week for watching and supporting our Yankees in the playoffs. The t-shirt is far from fitting me, so she stepped in and happily donned it instead!
Now - here we go onto the last week "in our 20's" .... 30 weeks, here we come! :)




1 comments on "29 weeks and counting...."
Loving your bump-you look awesome!!!! (it looks a lot like mine I think...maybe we're having the same gender?!!!!) SO SO FUN!!!! YAY growth spurt!
Apologies to Delaney from my husband the Mets fan! :) j/k!
Post a Comment